Monday, August 6, 2007

I can't believe it's over

Wow! that was a whirlwind of a summer. I learned all kinds of things, but most of all I know what I want to do with my life. . .

We run to things or away from things for all kinds of reasons. Up to this point I have done a lot of running away. Tied up by things I think I ought to be, I ran with little direction towards someone else's definition of success. I good friend of mine recently showed me just how silly my view really was by making some really bad decisions in his own life. But I also learned about personal success rather than competitive success and that I will only succeed if I am doing what I care about.

1 comment:

Libography said...

Wow, great to have discovered what you want to do with your life -- I hope it's be a librarian! ;)

I've been meaning to call you a million times to see how you're doing -- and to say again how fun it was rooming with you! :)